As a volunteer at Aalborg Carnival, you get a unique opportunity to get behind the scenes when we arrange and run Northern Europe’s largest carnival. If you want to become part of the team, read more below.
EXPECTATIONS & CONDITIONS
- You will receive a T-shirt from Aalborg Carnival, which you must wear during your shift.
- The T-shirt must not be worn at Aalborg Carnival’s events if you are not working.
- Remember to wear good closed shoes. You can will probably have to walk some and there could be glass cuts.
- In addition, we expect you to wear clothes that you can work in and that can withstand wind and weather.
Check ind & out
- When you shift starts it is important that you find the volunteer coordinator and get checked in.
- It is always a good idea to be in good time when you have a shift. Please come 15 min. before. We often have many who have to be checked in simultaneously.
- It is also important that you do not leave your guard until you have checked out at the volunteer coordinator.
- The place for check in and out you will receive by mail, as it is different depending on which day you have your shift.
- You will receive tickets at check out (unless you work at Aalborg Carnival on 25.05.2019).
During your shift
- We expect you to be flexible during your shift, as we may find that you have to stay a little longer or get a different job than you originally had. This is because we are a big event and sometimes unforeseen tasks arise.
- Volunteers may also have to wait for their next assignment. Here it is important to arm yourself with patience and use the opportunity to relax. The tasks sometimes come in clusters and other times it will not be that busy.
- If you need something to do, please consult your volunteer coordinator.
- Remember to bring a charged phone with all relevant numbers entered (The numbers you will receive by mail in May)
- Aalborg Carnival have earplugs and sunscreen if you need it.
Cancellation & delay
- Cancellations can be made by mail. If there is less than 48 hours to your shift, call your volunteer coordinator.
- If you are delayed, it is important that you contact your volunteer coordinator by phone. Should you be delayed, you may be moved to another task.
- If you do not meet up for your shift, you will be blacklisted from volunteering at all events organized by Aalborg Carnival for 3 years.
Alcohol & drugs
- It is not allowed to be influenced by alcohol or drugs. It is also not allowed to consume alcohol or drugs during your shift.
- Delivery of food and drink to people who are not volunteers is considered theft.
- If you bring valuables to your shift at Aalborg Carnival, it is at your own risk. We offer a place where you can put your things on your own responsibility.
- As part of the team, you are insured as part of the statutory work injury insurance. The insurance covers personal injury and not private property. If damage occurs, your volunteer coordinator must be informed immediately.