“Aalborg Karneval” is a registered trademark and may not be used for business purposes without our consent.
About Aalborg Karneval
- Aalborg Carnival is among the 10 largest carnivals in the world and is Northern Europe’s largest carnival
- The carnival In 2019, was the 37th held in Aalborg.
- Aalborg Carnival is not only bound to Aalborg, it is for everybody in Denmark, and everybody who wants to travel abroad
- Aalborg Carnival is held in the city streets & squares and finishes in Kildeparken
- The carnival is always held during the last week of May
- Over 1,500 volunteers are involved each year in running Aalborg Carnival
- Aalborg Carnival helped financing more than DKK 600,000,- to various associations in 2018
- Aalborg Carnival is a whole week of samba, joy and love
- Approximately 200,000 to 300,000 attend or visit Aalborg Carnival every year
- Aalborg Carnival is run by the “Aalborg Carnival Association”, which is a member-driven association whose sole purpose is to make carnival in Aalborg
- In 2013, the carnival was visited by China’s biggest news agency Xinhua News Agency of China. They recorded a 17 min. long broadcast which was seen by 100 – 300 million people
- Revenue in 2017/18 was approx. DKK 9.6 million
Pressekit can be downloaded here.